Saturday, September 12, 2009

First week back...


It's Sunday the 13th at 4.09 p.m., it's been a beautiful day, and the first week back is over. It was a tough week because I had two exams right at the beginning of the week, but it's ok because I got through them. I'm not too worried about them because I answered all the questions with all the knowledge I had. Monday through Wednesday were basically study days,since I had an exam on Wednesday for Vertebrae Biology Lab, and then an exam in exercise and health on Thursday morning. That one will be interesting to see because I answered everything in one paragraph for each question, but it was a concise paragraph so I think I'll be alright. Thursday afternoon I went on a field trip to the Canterbury museum for my art history class and that was pretty interesting. We met with a courtier of the museum and he did a specialized session for us where he pulled out individual pieces of the Polynesian Art collection for us to see and touch. There were weapons, figurines, dancing props, and other amazing things. One of the items was a hula costumes that was made from the canine teeth of dogs! It was nuts! This thing had 400 canine teeth on it! After that I came home and started working on my movie. Friday was pretty relaxed, I made french toast for breakfast and Tom made the bacon. It was so good! I continued to work on my movie, and then I made museli (garnola), and that came out really well. Then since it was such a nice day out Gem and I decided we should celebrate with some sparkling wine! Friday night was a quiet night in and it was much needed. Saturday I went to the farmer's market and figured out that I need to go more often, I then went to breakfast with Erica, Gem, and Sammy. That was really good. Saturday night was even quieter but it was nice. I watched the All Blacks lose to South Africa (boo!), but it was a brutal match. I can't wait to go see them in person next weekend! Today's been pretty quiet got up around 10 and have just been hanging around the flat for the most part and enjoying the weather. I went for a walk earlier and that was nice. I actually moved one of my couches outside and did some school reading out there.

This whole week has been beautiful for the most part. It's been sunny and warm, like 70s warm sometimes. Spring has definitely sprung! I came back from spring break (which will be updated as soon as my movie is finished...) and all the trees were in bloom. It's even more amazing now that there are flowers! I already don't wanna leave, and I still have 2 and half months left. Well for this week it should be pretty easy. I have one exam on Wednesday again but if I take the test now I have one less final in October. I leave for Wellington on Friday, which is going to be a blast! I'm so excited to go see the All Blacks and be on the North Island!!! Woo Hoo! Anyways, spring break was epic, and there's way too much to write about so I'm making a movie (woo hoo!!!) about it sorta. It's kinda a picture slideshow with captions and music. But it was amazing, I now have 6 really good friends that I can count on; one of them is my flatmate Tom so that's convenient, haha. I'm trying to get that together for you guys and hopefully I'll have it up sometime this week, but don't hold me to that.

That's all I have for now I'll keep you posted as often as possible.

Miss and love everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment