Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Break is almost here...



This past weekend was fun filled and then this week was blah, due to all the stuff due before break. Break starts tomorrow (August 21st) at 11 am when I finish with my tutorial for my Exercise and Health class! WOO HOO!!! Two weeks off and it's going to be epic I can just feel it.

Ok now to recount last weekend which was so much fun. Let see Friday was round 2 for operation friendship. The food was delicious again, and we had different courses this time. A few of the same things like the sweet potatoes and chicken, but we had quiche (they're big on quiche down here) this time along with yams. The yams here look like little red worms that get cooked up. Then the amount of desserts we had was quite an eye full. There was this thing called lolli cake, which is cookies crushed up and mixed with candy and then baked (?). Anyways it was delicious, and satisifying. We then moved onto the games, which consisted of Up Chicken Down Chicken (I love this game), round robin ping pong (which got dangerous at some points), and catchphrase. Over all it was a fun and delightful evening, and I can't wait til next month's meeting.





After Operation Friendship, Cole and I did a movie night which was good. We had cheese, crackers, and some wine (cause what's cheese and crackers without wine). We watched Top Gun and a Bee Movie cause Cole hadn't seen either one of them. Saturday was an early morning for I had to get up in order to go TRAMPING!!! It was my first tramping club trip and it was the Bush Ball. It was a disco themed party at a hut on Lake Daniels, but we weren't exactly on the lake. We had to cross the rivers like 10 times which would have been so much more enjoyable if the water wasn't like 32 degrees! The walk was pretty easy and it was really pretty. It sprinkled on and off on the way to the hut but not too bad. Once we got to the hut everyone immediately got into costume and started the dance party. We cooked dinner which consisted of instant mashed potatoes, which were extremely bland, but mixed with the curry veggies that were made it wasn't too bad. The dance party continued until about 3 am. Then things settled down and we got some sleep. At about 9 am someone decided that it was a good time to wake up and leave, so the first group left. Probably around 10 my group left and we decided to take the track around Lake Daniels, which was about an hour and half longer than the track we took in. It was completely worth it though! The lake was stunning! We continued along the track and reached the other side where there was a tiny pier and another hut. We took a break there for a bit and then continued on our way. Along the way we saw little waterfalls, and really cute footbridges, which seemed to be randomly placed but I'm sure they were carefully placed. After walking for about 2 hrs, I was getting antsy about going home. Finally we crossed the river and got to the vans to go home. We stopped by the pie (savory meat) shop but it was closed so we settled for some fish and chips at the local shop.

The final river we crossed in order to go home...



A tree with some warts...



Green winters...



Lake Daniels and the hut we hiked to...



Monday was pretty standard went to class, and then came back and started studying for my exam that was on Tuesday. Tuesday went to yoga at 7 am, came back studied some more, and then went and took my exam. It went well I probably could have used a little more studying time but I didn't blow it.

Yesterday, was a good day I went to class and then I came home and did some research for my essay due tomorrow, and then I cooked dinner for 10 people!!! It came out so well I was excited, and everyone enjoyed it, or at least they said they did! hahaha. I made regular and vegetarian sloppy joes, and hashbrown casserole (made with hashbrown patties). I did get asked to put up the receipe for the casserole, so that must be a good sign. Then I went to the tramping club meeting and had Chris's delicious cheesecake and Mary/Sarah's really good banana cake. I came home and did some research before Cole came over and hung out. We watched top gear, moon tv, and ali g. I'm not a big fan of ali g.

Thursday I got up to went to yoga, walked all the way to the rec center and realized I didn't have my card to get in. So I came home and went back to bed for like a half hour, then got up and got ready to go to class. I then had tea with Rebecca at our usual spot, Cafe 101. After that I came home and messed around on the internet, and then finished my essay for Friday. That night I had dinner at Erica's with the group, and then we're all went to see Psycho Shakespeare, because one of our friends is in it. It was really good and made me miss theater, I wish I had more time so that I could do theater. Anyways the play ended up being about this shrink who talks through the different scenes where Shakespeare characters go mad, but there was a twist! There's always a twist with Shakespeare, the psychologist was actually a patient in the intitution impersonating the doctor. My friend was actually the doctor! It was so good and interesting.

Friday was pretty relaxed I turned in my essay, and then went into town with Cole and bought some souvenirs. After that I came back and chilled out for a while, made dinner, and then went and hung out with Cole's friends for awhile. Then we came back and met up with the Toms, they then informed us of a formal party that we could go to, so we went there for a while. Then I came back and went to bed cause I had to get up to go to Dunedin. Which is the next post so keep reading.

Plans for break right now are up in the air. I'm pretty sure that there will be a trip to Dunedin sometime this weekend or week. Then second week is going to be a tramp in Abel Tasman, and a visit to Nelson. That's going to be the whole two weeks, it's crazy! After that things start to get somewhat crazy or maybe it's just the first week back will be.


I will try to keep this posted over the next two weeks but if not I will try to summarize everything when I can.

That's all for now. I will post my pictures on photobucket at some point.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment